Preparation course and knowledge test (Kenntnisprüfung) for international nursing staff
International nursing staff who wish to work in Germany require appropriate recognition. In NRW, the Münster district government is responsible. One way to be recognised as a nursing specialist is via the knowledge test. The aim of this course is to prepare participants to successfully pass the knowledge test.
At a glance:
Preparation course for the knowledge test
with exam acceptance
Start: 18.03. – 13.09.2024
Duration: 26 weeks
Qualification: state-recognised nursing specialist (staatlich anerkannte Pflegefachfrau oder staatlich anerkannter Pflegefachmann)
Proof of completed nursing training in the country of origin
Application to the Münster district government
Receipt of the decision from the Münster district government
Language skills at B2 level
Positive attendance prognosis after a specialised interview at the nursing school
The preparatory course takes into account existing specialist knowledge and focuses on equalising the professional differences between vocational training abroad and in Germany. The course content is based on the requirements of the Nursing Professions Act.
Both the course and the examination are held in German. In order to ensure successful participation in the preparatory course, it is therefore necessary for participants to have a German language level of at least B2.
Structure of the course
School-based learning phase
- 427 hours of theoretical lessons
- 2 days/week with 8 lessons each from 8.30 a.m. to 3.45 p.m.
- A block week with 4 teaching days is planned at the beginning and end of the course.
Work-based learning phase
- 624 hours in-company learning phase with practical instruction
- Working hours in inpatient long-term care, outpatient acute/long-term care and hospitals
- Theoretical instruction in the nursing school
- Work-based learning phase in inpatient long-term care, outpatient acute/long-term care and hospitals
Examination and graduation
State examination (oral and practical):
- Oral examination at the nursing school.
Practical examination in the company.
Qualification: state-recognised nursing specialist
- Funding through education voucher (Bildungsgutschein) possible
Possible fields of activity
- Nursing homes
- outpatient services
- Short-term and day care facilities
- rehabilitation clinics
- Hospices and many more